[PAGID] pt with recurrent herpes infections and destructive nasal lesion

Abraham, Roshini S., Ph.D. Abraham.Roshini at mayo.edu
Tue Apr 22 16:23:30 EDT 2008

Dear Dr. Vasconcelos,

Thanks for your note. He is a Caucasian young man from the Midwest US. I don't think he has traveled very much in his young life and I also don't think he has had any contact with birds and animals but he did work with handling grain in one of his jobs. Otherwise he is a student. I don't think he has lived outside the US. He is HIV-ve and has normal CD18, CD11a and CD11b in previous testing.

We are awaiting the pathology results on the most recent nasal biopsy to make sure there is no malignant process. We have not tested for neutrophil oxidative burst thus far but that would certainly be feasible to do..........

Thanks for the suggestions and we will keep the group posted on developments.

Roshini