[PAGID] Chronic rhinosinusitis in antibody deficiency diseases

Dewton Vasconcelos dmvascon at usp.br
Tue Jun 3 15:31:45 EDT 2008

Dear Dr. Kumar

I usually prescribe intensive nasal hygiene with isotonic saline
(hypertonic when there is an "anatomical" problem such as hypertrophy of
turbinates, sometimes associated to nasal steroids), and antibiotics in
the exacerbations. Exercises such as running or biking sometimes help
due to the fluidification of the secretion (pulmonary and nasosinusal).
Some patients respond to increases in the doses of IVIg, with a nadir of
800 mg/dl of IgG. Moreover, some patients that do not respond to any of
these measures can benefit of topical application of IgG (IVIg 5%) for a
while.

Best regards,

Dewton Vasconcelos
University of São Paulo Medical School