[PAGID] Difficult diagnosis

raas0027 at umn.edu raas0027 at umn.edu
Thu Jan 15 12:58:35 EST 2009

Stuart,

Thank you for summing up the case. It makes for good discussion for all of
us and I hope there are trainees/fellows who are 'listening in'.

I agree and do not think you are jumping the gun. SCID should be a primary
consideration. Jack and Gigi have taught me the importance and utility of
the CD45RA/RO in these case to determine 'OK from bad'.

Also agree with checking for maternal engraftment, IgE, Tcell reptoire.
Activation markers would be interesting.

What about eosinophilia in this child? Family history?

It has been great to hear from some of you about the variable phenotypes
found in patients with RAG1/RAG2 mutations. This may be a consideration
down the line depending on other lab studies.

Regards,

Jason

Jason P. Raasch, MD

Midwest Immunology Clinic
2805 Campus Drive, #215
Plymouth, MN 55441

Office: 763.577.0008
FAX: 763.577.0192
raas0027 at umn.edu

Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota

--

Jason P. Raasch, MD

Midwest Immunology Clinic
2805 Campus Drive, #215