[PAGID] Difficult diagnosis

Conley, Mary-Ellen maryellen.conley at STJUDE.ORG
Tue Jan 20 11:46:45 EST 2009

Mel, Jane told us on Jan 14th that the lymphocyte count was 4-6 thousand. I interpreted this as a normal (but maybe the units are different down under?).
I would think that a normal lymphocyte count would rule out ADA deficiency, as long as the lymphocytes are from the baby?
Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen Conley, MD
Department of Immunology/ Mail Stop 351
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
262 Danny Thomas Place
Memphis, TN 38105-3678
FAX 901-595-3977
TEL 901-595-2576

________________________________
From: pagid-bounces at list.clinimmsoc.org [mailto:pagid-bounces at list.clinimmsoc.org] On Behalf Of Berger, Melvin
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 9:47 PM
To: pagid at list.clinimmsoc.org
Subject: <SCL6.5> Re: [PAGID] Difficult diagnosis

ADa and PNP deficiencies should still be ruled out, if you haven't already checked.

Melvin Berger, M.D., Ph.D.
Adjunct Professor of Pediatrics and Pathology
Case Western Reserve University
phone 216 844 3237

Director, Jeffrey Modell Center for Primary Immune Deficiencies
Division of Allergy-Immunology
Rainbow, Babies and Children's Hospital
University Hospitals of Cleveland
RB&C Rm 504, MS 6008B