[PAGID] IVIG for ParvoB19?

Daniel Conway dhconway at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 9 20:36:17 EDT 2009

We had a patient with deep AIDS, poor adherence to HAART, profound T
cell lymphopenia (<50 cells/mm3 for several years) who developed
severe anemia that persisted for months due to parvovirus. He received
1 g/kg IVIg and then one month later received IVIg (at the same dose)
again. His anemia resolved and he no longer had evidence of parvo by
molecular analysis in his blood.

Dan

Sincerely,
Daniel H. Conway, MD
Asst. Professor of Pediatrics
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
Drexel University College of Medicine

The information in this communication is confidential and is directed only to the intended recipient. Please do not forward this communication without my permission. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately and delete/destroy this communication.