[PAGID] sterile granuloma in NBS1?

dmvascon at usp.br dmvascon at usp.br
Fri May 29 14:06:14 EDT 2009

Dear Javier

Here in Brazil I've seen cellular PID patients (not Nijmegen's) with
several types of Mycobacteria (tuberculosis, avium-intracellulare,
kansasii, chelonei, abscessus and marinum) but also Rhodococcus equi,
Nocardia and Actinomyces, that are also acid-fast bacilli when stained
with Ziehl-Nielsen.

Certainly Wegener's and certain lymphomas (midline destructive
granuloma (or destructive disease), as well as Langerhans cell
hystiocytosis enter in the differential diagnosis.

All the best,

Dewton Vasconcelos