[PAGID] two questions on enteritis

Eleonora Gambineri eleonora.gambineri at unifi.it
Fri Jun 26 03:37:36 EDT 2009

Dear Jean,

2 males affected in the family strongly suggests an X-linked
inheritance. Any other details on the family history?

The phenotype sounds suggestive of IPEX therefore I would surely
look for FOXP3 mutations first if you haven't done it yet. FOXP3
expression at flow might be helpful too, although normal FOXP3
expression doesn't rule out the disease and flow cytometry should not
be the only diagnostic tool.

Any more info on labs? What about IgE? Any autoantibodies?

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Dott.ssa Eleonora Gambineri
Ricercatore Universitario
Universita' degli Studi di Firenze
Dipartimento di Pediatria-Ospedale Pediatrico "Anna Meyer"
Viale Gaetano Pieraccini, 24
50139 FIRENZE
Tel 055 5662405 (ufficio)
055 5662464 (lab)
Fax 055 4221012
e-mail: eleonora.gambineri at unifi.it; e.gambineri at meyer.it

Eleonora Gambineri, MD
Researcher/Assistant Professor
University of Florence
Department of Pediatrics-"Anna Meyer" Children's Hospital
Viale Gaetano Pieraccini, 24
50139 FIRENZE
ITALY
Tel +39 055 5662405 (office)