[PAGID] familial colitis, lymphoma, PID?

Verbsky, James jverbsky at mcw.edu
Tue Jun 30 15:59:54 EDT 2009

To all

Sorry if I repeated my suggestions as there were several similar cases. Chronic EBV infections, stomatits, enterocolitis, and recurrent infections can also be seen in CD25 deficiency. These patients are particularly prone to chronic herpetic infections (CMV, EBV). We described a patient who also had autoimmune manifestations (hypothyroidism, diabetes, hemolytic anemia) but Dr Roifman had a patient with only EBV and enterocolitis. Would check CD25 expression.

James

James W. Verbsky M.D./Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
Medical College of Wisconsin
Children's Corporate Center
Pediatric Rheumatology, Suite C465
9000 W. Wisconsin Ave., PO Box 1997