[PAGID] patient who lacks long-term memory antibody responses

grumach at usp.br grumach at usp.br
Mon Jul 20 09:57:17 EDT 2009

We have been following a factor H deficient patient with pneumococcal
infections. After the first pneumococcal vaccine he had no antibody
response. We prescribed antibiotics. Conjugated vaccine and non
conjugated vaccine were repeated with improvement. So, I agree that
CH50, C3 and C4 should be evaluated.

Anete S Grumach, MD, PhD
Outpatient group of Primary Immunodeficiencies
Dept of Dermatology, Univ of Sâo Paulo
and Dept of Pneumology, Faculty of Medicine ABC