[PAGID] CGD new mutation?

Prof. Dr. Antonio Condino Neto condino at icb.usp.br
Mon Sep 7 12:41:55 EDT 2009

Hi Nacho

X-linked CGD is very heterogenous. For instance, one of the databases
compiling ~ 400 kindreds show that 300 have exclusive mutations in
their families. In our series in Brazil, 25% of the cases are new
mutations. So no surprise to find a new mutation.

If you make the diagnosis quickly the family has do decide to either
make a BMT early in life (if you identify a donor soon) or interrupt
pregnancy (consider legal, social and religious issues).

--
Antonio Condino-Neto
Professor, Department of Immunology