[PAGID] CGD new mutation?

Ashish Kumar Ashish.Kumar at cchmc.org
Tue Sep 8 11:19:31 EDT 2009

Chorionic villus sampling to assess the sex of the fetus and PCR to
detect the mutation is the best bet. If positive and male, based on the
info we have, we have to assume the mutation is real as Troy said. What
to do with the information is up to the treating physician and the
family (assuming they don't live in Guatemala). See
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1438069?dopt=Abstract

Ashish

Ashish Kumar, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OH

>>> "Prof. Dr. Antonio Condino Neto" <condino at icb.usp.br> 9/8/2009

10:58 AM >>>
The problem is to decide if the fetus has or not CGD and if they will

interrupt pregnancy before 20 weeks.
--
Antonio Condino-Neto
Professor, Department of Immunology

Citando Jack Bleesing <Jack.Bleesing at cchmc.org>:

> I see.

> If the mother is a carrier, seeing 2 populations would provide the

> answer, perhaps?

> Jack J.H. Bleesing, M.D., Ph.D.

> Associate Professor of Pediatrics

> Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center

> Division of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Immune Deficiency

> 3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 7015

> Cincinnati, OH 45229

> 513-636-4266 (phone)

> 513-636-3549 (fax)

9:55

> AM >>>

> The problem is to collect fetal blood at that age

> --

> Antonio Condino-Neto

> Professor, Department of Immunology

> Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of São Paulo

> 1730 Lineu Prestes Avenue, São Paulo - SP. ZIP 05508-000. Brazil

> Tel (55) (11) 3091-7387 / Fax (55) (11) 3091-7224

> Citando Jack Bleesing <Jack.Bleesing at cchmc.org>:

>> Wouldn't a DHR assay be informative as well?

>> Jack Bleesing

>> Jack J.H. Bleesing, M.D., Ph.D.

>> Associate Professor of Pediatrics

>> Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center

>> Division of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Immune Deficiency

>> 3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 7015

>> Cincinnati, OH 45229

>> 513-636-4266 (phone)

>> 513-636-3549 (fax)

>> 2:02 PM >>>

>> Nacho,

>> The +4 position downstream of most exons (considered the 5' splice

> site

>> since it is at the 5' end of the intron) is quite highly conserved

> and

>> is usually an A.

>> See the figure at this link which is from a 2004 Nature Genetics

> review

>> showing in a nice graphical format what the typical 5' splice site

>> consensus is:

>> http://www.nature.com/nrg/journal/v5/n10/fig_tab/nrg1451_F1.html

>> Nature Reviews Genetics 5, 773-782 (October 2004)

>> Unless you can quickly sequence the mRNA, I think you have to

assume