[PAGID] Eosinophilia in HIES

Renner, Eleonore Dr. Ellen.Renner at med.uni-muenchen.de
Mon May 3 04:09:42 EDT 2010

Looks like my mentor in Munich was faster. I was just typing a similar question:

Hi,

Maybe stupid and perhaps already checked BUT is that not also a possible history for OMENN despite the hotspot STAT3 mutation? Is the PCP pneumonia due to high dose steroids? Or does the kid have reduced immunoglobulines, lymphopenia in subsets, or lack of lymphocyte stimulation function to mitogen or antigen as seen in SCID? We have not seen PCP in HIES as a classic infection as stated by Professor Belohradsky but do see eosinophilia. Despite AR-HIES patient with DOCK8 mutations with massive esoniophilia and CNS involvement (perhaps as a result of eosinophilia) STAT3-HIES patient don't need particular treatment for high serum-IgE or eosinophila as to our experience. But there may be different opinion on that?

Kind regards,
Ellen Renner

Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Ellen D Renner

Kinderklinik und Kinderpoliklinik