[PAGID] 22q11 deletion and granulomas

Routes, John jroutes at mcw.edu
Tue Jul 6 16:52:09 EDT 2010

Agree with importance of excluding infectious cause, but if the nodular pattern was present in the fall of last year on CXR and in view of the lack of infectious symptoms, I doubt this is infectious. Can you give a more detailed description of the chest CT? Is there diffuse adenopathy with hilar/mediatinal nodes? Is splenomegaly present? I would get full PFTs (plethysmography) and perform a 6 minute walk to get baseline studies of pulmonary physiology and treat with corticosteroids if you are unable to find any concrete evidence of infection.
Jack

John M. Routes, MD
Chief, Section of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Professor of Pediatrics, Medicine, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
Department of Pediatrics
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Medical College of Wisconsin
9000 W. Wisconsin Ave.