[PAGID] 22q11 deletion and granulomas

Cunningham-Rundles, Charlotte charlotte.cunningham-rundles at mssm.edu
Tue Jul 6 17:28:02 EDT 2010

Hi Andy,

We have seen either 3 or 4 of these now. (All have 22q11.2.) They have had
troublesome ITP/ and or AHA, and have granuloma in lymph nodes, bone marrow
or lungs. They are all more or less hypogammaglobulinemic, one very
profoundly so, with IgG of less than 50 mg/dl. All are are IVIG now; one
or maybe 2 had rituxan for ITP, which worked fine. No organisms have been
found. I personally think that this is granulomatous disease as found in
others with significant T cell defects: CVID, RAG, Artemis, and others. ID
goes crazy but we rarely find the cause ( call it never or close to never.)

You could send off the IVIG solution anyway to the lab ‹ dilute it about 10
mg/ml and see what you find.

Let us know the results,

Charlotte

Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles MD PhD