[PAGID] Necrotisin pneumonia in a CGD patient

Church, Joseph JChurch at chla.usc.edu
Tue Jul 27 16:19:56 EDT 2010

Does the patient also have severe adenopathy? If the pathology is characterized by necrotizing granulomas, consider an infection with a recently described gram negative bacterium Granulibacter bethesdensis (PLoS Pathogens 2006; 2:e28) or a related organism. It is very hard to grow and very difficult to treat.

I suggest you contact Dr. Greenberg at NIH regarding how to optimize culture conditions for this class of organism. His contact information is dgreenberg at niaid.nih.gov.

Joe Church

Childrens Hospital Los Angeles