[PAGID] XSCID and myopathy

Chinen, Javier jxchinen at texaschildrens.org
Thu Aug 26 09:46:47 EDT 2010

Dear all,

We take care of a 10 mo boy with XSCID, who got a 10/10 MUD BMT at 2 months of age. Bu/Cy/Campath for conditioning, CellCept for GvHD prophylaxis stopped in March. He has mixed chimerism, no GvHD. T cell proliferative studies normal, IVIg dependent. Since May, he has increasing ALT, AST, LDH, levels, GGT normal, and we have found CK, MM isoenzyme is in the 20,000s (repeated). Aldolase is elevated too. CRP, ESR are normal, muscle biopsy is scheduled. MRI T2 signal in muscles increased. Clinically not wasted, moving 4 extremities, almost sitting, is developing well, making progress, somewhat delayed in milestones although not much different from other post BMT.
I would appreciate knowing of any similar cases and their diagnoses while we wait for the biopsy. Our neurologist believe this case looks like Duchennes; ..

Many thanks,

Javier

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or an
authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or
copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or
the information contained herein is prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail
from your computer system. Thank you.