[PAGID] Necrotizing pneumonia in a CGD patient

Pere Soler Palacin psoler at vhebron.net
Fri Sep 3 09:20:23 EDT 2010

Dear all, related to the pediatric patient with CGD and necrotizing pneumonia I already posted a month ago,lung biopsy culture yielded actinomycetes belonging to the family Micromonosporaceae and Staph aureus.

Terefor, the patient was treated with  IV imipenem  for 6 weeks was then  switched to oral clyndamicin.

The patient is doing clinically well and we are waiting for  a new CT scan to assess radiological outcome .

I just wanted to thank you all for your interest in this case and all your comments .

Best regards,

Pere Soler Palacín, MD

Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunodeficiencies Unit

Vall d'Hebron University Hospital

Barcelona, Spain