[PAGID] REcurrent Campylobacter jejuni in a XLA patient

Lengkeek, Marguerite S. LCDR Marguerite.Lengkeek at med.navy.mil
Fri Sep 17 19:01:28 EDT 2010

If you change him from IVIG to subcutaneous Ig, you may be able to decrease
the protein loss in his stool and achieve higher steady state IgG levels.

One of my x-linked SCID patients had protein losing enteropathy due to a
celiac-like process. He also had a history of chronic GI infections
(Giardia and C. diff) prior to the diagnosis. He was initially requiring 2
grams/kg/month of IVIG, but when we changed him to SCIG, we were able to
decrease his requirement to an equivalent of 1.2 grams/kg/month. He had to
have the SCIG infused twice weekly in 3 sites, but he had higher IgG levels.

Sincerely,

Marguerite S. Lengkeek, MD
LCDR, MC, USN
Division Head, Allergy and Immunology