[CIS-PAGID] low ch50 with normal complement levels?

Nacho Gonzalez nachgonzalez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 19:31:36 EST 2010

Dear Dr. Kumar

The most common complement deficiency is C2def. However, alternative pathway
deficiencies (except for properdin deficiency) usually go with slighly
decrease in CH50 (but not completely absent as in classical pathway
deficiencies).
I suggest checking AP50 also and Factor B,I,D (even D) in case of decreased
AP50 levels. I think it could be interesting for the long-term management.

Luis Ignacio Gonzalez Granado
Immunodeficiencies Unit.
Hospital 12 octubre. Madrid. Spain