[CIS-PAGID] Neutrophil Migration Assay. .

Jack Bleesing Jack.Bleesing at cchmc.org
Wed Dec 22 15:41:40 EST 2010

Interestingly, consistently abnormal in shwachman diamond syndrome and in "similar" disorders (a "common denominator").

Difficult assay though (lots of things influencing results).

Jack J.H. Bleesing, M.D., Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Division of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Immune Deficiency
3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 7015
Cincinnati, OH 45229
513-636-4266 (phone)
513-636-3549 (fax)

>>> "Conley, Mary Ellen" <maryellen.conley at STJUDE.ORG> 12/22/2010 3:40 PM >>>

Like Charlotte, I was wondering why you wanted to look at chemotaxis. What do people think are the indications for this assay and are there any treatable disorders in which chemotaxis is the sole or most reliable abnormality?
Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen Conley, MD
Department of Immunology/ Mail Stop 351
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital