[CIS-PAGID] a question about a 20 mo old boy with FTT

Dewton Vasconcelos dmvascon at usp.br
Fri Mar 4 07:48:13 EST 2011

Dear YaeJean

I would be aware of the use of corticosteroids as well, but he is being
aggressively (adequately) treated for the infectious complications, and
if the pulmonary function is worsening I would try steroids.

By the way I made a mistake, writing CD15 in my e-mail, but I was
talking about IL15 receptor.

The presence of NKT cells suggest a classical NK cell deficiency. They
do not present NK cell cytotoxicity even when stimulated by IL-2 or type
1 IFNs.

Nevertheless the possibility of STAT-5 deficiency must be ruled out as well.

Obs: ZAP 70 deficient patients may present low but not absent CD8 T
cells in mutations outside the kinase domain of ZAP70.

All the best,

Dewton