[CIS-PAGID] Hermansky Pudlak like syndrome

Ciaccio, Christina, E ceciaccio at cmh.edu
Tue Mar 29 16:32:25 EDT 2011

Thank you so much. I'm sorry for being unclear. The group believes they have identified a new mutation that is responsible for the disease described. Hermansky-Pudlak, Chediak-Higashi, Griscelli, and endosomal-adaptor protein p14 deficiency were all considered. Rather then send further individual genetic tests, the group used whole exome sequencing to identify the new mutation.

They would like to report their findings but would prefer to find at least one other individual with a similar phenotype and no genetic diagnosis to look for the same mutation (and report in the same paper). I was reaching out to see if anyone cared for a similar patient with no genetic diagnosis that would be willing to provide a sample for genetic testing looking for the same mutation.

Christina Ciaccio, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Allergy/Immunology
University of Missouri-Kansas City
Children's Mercy Hospital and Truman Medical Center
816-234-3097 (phone)
816-346-1301 (fax)