[CIS-PAGID] Duration of treatment for Crohn's in XLA

Notarangelo, Luigi Luigi.Notarangelo at childrens.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 8 13:15:38 EDT 2011

Yes, and there are data that suggest that TLR-signaling is abnormal in non-B cells from XLA (Sediva et al in Blood)

Gigi

From: "Church, Joseph" <JChurch at chla.usc.edu>
Sender: "pagid-bounces at list.clinimmsoc.org" <pagid-bounces at list.clinimmsoc.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 13:10:32 -0400
To: pagid at list.clinimmsoc.org<pagid at list.clinimmsoc.org>
ReplyTo: "pagid at list.clinimmsoc.org" <pagid at list.clinimmsoc.org>
Subject: Re: [CIS-PAGID] Duration of treatment for Crohn's in XLA

I agree with Dr. Blessing that the development of an auto immune-like process should not be surprising in XLA. Any compromise of the gut mucosa barrier function may lead to pathologic inflammatory responses. CGD is a good example. The association of Crohns with XLA strongly suggests that auto-antibody is not required for development of the disease and that intervention for Crohns should be focused on innate responses, T-cells or their cytokines.

Joe Church
Children’s Hospital Los Angele