[CIS-PAGID] XLA and inflammatory disease

Cunningham-Rundles, Charlotte charlotte.cunningham-rundles at mssm.edu
Tue May 3 17:20:03 EDT 2011

Last month an interesting question came up about an XLA male with pretty bad
Crohn's disease, and a few responded that they had one or more cases. We
were all a bit surprised, but encouraged the group that had cases to put
them together for an official paper, and use the USIDNET to survey what
cases might be in the Registry.

In the meantime I have been seeing a man with XLA who looks like he has RA;
I thought that was not to be found anymore, as long as mycoplasma was not in
the picture.

In discussing this with Marcia Boyle last month, she volunteered to do a
survey for the group on the XLA subjects known to the IDF, on inflammatory
diseases and other complications that anyone might be interested in adding
to this survey.

The USIDNET would really like to have this project take off. The XLA disease
working group headed by Vivian Hernandez-Trujillo can help get this rolling,
along with Christopher Scalchunes at the IDF. What we need would be to
define some of the questions that the group wants to be on that survey, and
what questions to ask USIDNET to find in the XLA file.

USIDNET is looking for a group who would be interested in working on this
short project ---- taking all the credit!

Charlotte

Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles MD PhD
Departments of Medicine, Pediatrics