[CIS-PAGID] Recalcitrant buttock ulcer in a 2yo with X-linked CGD

Jane Peake j.peake at uq.edu.au
Mon May 9 21:59:20 EDT 2011

The lesion looks clean and not infected. I work closely with a surgical colleague, when we have these sorts of problems, who also does a lot of burns work. We have had success treating lesions like this with Acticoat. I showed your photo to him and he suggested that it looks like it could be excised with primary closure and negative pressure dressing to allow to heal and to stop faecal soiling.
Cheers
Jane

Dr Jane Peake
Paediatric Immunologist and Allergist