[CIS-PAGID] CVID and vasculitis

Dimitriades, Victoria R. varsen at lsuhsc.edu
Mon May 23 19:39:10 EDT 2011

Thank you all for your input!

I should clarify- his cyclophosphomide therapy lasted approximately four months and methotrexate was for six months. It has now been two years since those treatments ended and one year since any prednisone. We entertained the ideas of both T and B cell suppression from these meds early on, but now contininue to show low T/B cells and a low IgA and IgM (which is new). Would you think this suppression could last this long? Additionally, he had a very clear history of recurrent pneumonias and sinus infections which started well before his vasculitis issues (requiring admissions and IV antibiotics).

In regards to lymphocyte subpops during vasculitis flare- we have not had this issue in this patient since he has been with us. He had not had them done during his initial diagnosis, either. However, I will repeat them now to see if they have changed in any way. His renal function is also stable, but I will also keep a biopsy stain in mind if needed...

Thanks again-

Victoria Dimitriades, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Divisions of Allergy/Immunology and Rheumatology
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
Children's Hospital of New Orleans
200 Henry Clay Ave
New Orleans, LA 70118
(504) 896-9589 (A/I)