[CIS-PAGID] a question on CGD baby_Tb meds + antifungal prophylaxis

Sergio Rosenzweig srosenzweig at garrahan.gov.ar
Mon Jun 13 09:52:27 EDT 2011

Dear All,
Picking up from Dr Belohradsky's comment about BCG infection in SCIDs, we are finishing the data collection on an international survey we initiated almost 2y ago focus on BCG vaccination in SCID patients, complications, BCG strains, vaccination policies, immunophenotypes, which is the best diagnostic and therapeutic approach, etc. So far, we have collected info from more than 200 patients form 25 centers in 15 countries in Latin America, Europe, Africa and Asia. We will star the analysis during the summer but we are still accepting patients. If anybody is interested, attached is the (busy) file to be submitted (2 pages, 1st: general information; 2nd: single patient info).
Let me know if you have any questions,
Thanks,
Sergio

Sergio D. Rosenzweig, MD, PhD
Chief, Infectious Diseases Susceptibility Unit
Laboratory of Host Defenses, NIAID, NIH
10 Center Dr., Bldg. 10, CRC 5W-3888
Bethesda, MD 20892-1456
Phone (301) 451 8971
Fax (301) 451 7901
Cell (240) 361 7617
Pager 102 10678
srosenzweig at niaid.nih.gov

Disclaimer: The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is confidential and may contain sensitive information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete from your mailbox or any other storage devices. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases shall not accept liability for any statements made that are senders own and not expressly made on behalf of the NIAID by one of its representatives.

>>> "Belohradsky, Bernd" <Bernd.Belohradsky at med.uni-muenchen.de> 06/13/11 6:11 AM >>>

Dear YaeJean, it might well be that your patient will overcome his mycobacterial infection only following a successful stemcell transplantation; we and others have seen that in SCID patients with BCGitis;
Bernd H.Belohradsky
(Childrens Hosp.,Univ.Munich)