[CIS-PAGID] post transplant BK infection

Aly.Mageed at helendevoschildrens.org Aly.Mageed at helendevoschildrens.org
Thu Jun 23 10:03:14 EDT 2011

I agree with Dr Nelson. I would also add that a low dose cidofovir has been helpful with lower renal and hematopoietic risks. We have used 0.5-1 mg/kg 2-3 times a week with hydration and without probenecid rather than the typical 5 mg/kg/week with probenecid with ? quicker resolution (hard to compare to historical control with so much variability between cases). We also check for adeno in addition to CMV.
In prolonged cases, other measures with cystoscopy and clot removal as well as prostaglandin (carboprsot) irrigation or the use of estrogen are considered

Aly Mageed, MD
Division Chief, Pediatric Blood & Marrow Transplant
Helen DeVos Children's Hospital and Michigan State University
(616)-391-3962
aly.mageed at helendevoschildrens.org