[CIS-PAGID] post transplant BK infection

Cowan, Mort mcowan at peds.ucsf.edu
Thu Jun 23 14:49:57 EDT 2011

You might want to contact Michael Boeckh (mboeckh at fhcrc.org) at the Fred
Hutch in Seattle as he has had a lot of experience with BK virus
infections. We've not had much success in treating BK in the urine but I
agree, with the apparent severity in your patient, we would be using
cidofovir as well. Mort

Morton J. Cowan, M.D.

Professor of Pediatrics

Chief, Blood and Marrow Transplant Division

UCSF Children's Hospital, Room M659

505 Parnassus Ave

San Francisco, CA 94143-1278

Phone: 415-476-2188

FAX: 415-502-4867

**Confidentiality Notice** This email communication and any attachments
may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above. Distribution, reproduction or any
other use of this transmission by any party other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.