[CIS-PAGID] looking for transplant advice

Church, Joseph JChurch at chla.usc.edu
Thu Jun 23 19:26:58 EDT 2011

I would add the gamma interferon. We had a non-adherent teen with HIV
and < 50 CD4+ cells for two years when he came in with disseminated MAI.
We gave him gamma interferon in addition to quad therapy. He decided to
take his meds and a year later he had >200 CD4's and multiple negative
MAI PCRs. He remains on his HIV meds and is off all AFB therapy. The
gamma interferon was very well tolerated at "CGD doses." JC