[CIS-PAGID] HSCT in CMC with polyendocrinopathy

Richard Wasserman drrichwasserman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 18:53:39 EDT 2011

Ricardo,
The transplant was done at Duke and I don't recall the conditioning regimen
but I believe that she was ablated fully. The reconstitution was robust and
for ten years she received no gamma globulin or antibiotic/antifungal
prophylaxis. Her B cell numbers have been near the lower limit of normal and
have drifted down over the past five years (84/uL to 32/uL). Her IgG was
always around the lower limit of normal; IgM and IgA were normal. The
pneumococcal response was adequate seven years after transplant but she had
no anti-pneumococcal antibody when reevaluated a year ago. At that time, I
felt the need to restart gamma globulin outweighed my interest in her
response to re-vaccination. *In vitro* response to mitogen and antigen has
been, and continues to be, normal.
Richard

--
Richard L. Wasserman, MD, PhD