[CIS-PAGID] XLA / helicobacter

Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles@mssm.edu charlotte.cunningham-rundles at mssm.edu
Sat Jul 23 10:38:23 EDT 2011

Hi,

We have a case of a 25 year old man with leg swelling, pyoderma gangrenosum,
gram neg bacteremia but no fever or increased WBC, that I think it will
prove to be a Helicobacter. He is not yet proven to have XLA but has no B
cells and I assume with profound hypogammaglobulinemia and early onset, this
is likely what he has.

I know there are cases reported around the US and world, but wonder, if we
as a group:

1. Can make a rough count of the cases?
2. Say what antibiotics worked in the long run?
3. Are there any cases in CVID or other congenital immune defects?

Charlotte

Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles MD PhD
Department of Medicine
Immunology Institute