[CIS-PAGID] Agammaglobulinemic male, normal BTK

Cunningham-Rundles, Charlotte charlotte.cunningham-rundles at mssm.edu
Thu Aug 4 10:53:45 EDT 2011

Always strange but about 10% of what we still have to call "CVID" are like this man, basically agammaglobulinemic with very low B cells and no antibody. As far as I know, as a group, no molecular cause is yet known -- my bet is that there are still a lot of causes, even in this group. I don't know of current molecular tests that would be helpful. (If you think of one, there are other patients to test, that is for sure.)

Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles MD PhD