[CIS-PAGID] APECED - long term prognosis

Richard Wasserman drrichwasserman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 14:49:36 EDT 2011

Joe,
In 1998 I had a 15 yo girl with presumed APECED transplanted from a male
sib. She had absent function of thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal and ovary but
the endocrine pancreas was preserved. She has generally done well but has
not had recovery of endocrine function.
Richard

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Church, Joseph <JChurch at chla.usc.edu>wrote:

> Colleagues:****

> ** **

> I follow a teen with APECED (documented *AIRE *mutation). Over time he

> has progressively developed additional auto-immune target organs.****

> ** **

> What is the *long term* prognoses/survival of these patients with current

> endocrinologic support?****

> ** **

> Joe Church****

> Children’s Hospital Los Angeles****

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,

> confidential

> or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure

> or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,

> please

> contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this original

> message.

Richard L. Wasserman, MD, PhD
DallasAllergyImmunology
7777 Forest Lane, Suite B-332