[CIS-PAGID] Peruvian patient with EBV associated lymphoproliferation

Notarangelo, Luigi Luigi.Notarangelo at childrens.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 1 11:30:51 EST 2011

Dear Juan Carlos:

I suggest to consider HLH in the differential diagnosis. This is way more common than ITK deficiency.
Biochemical and functional screening for HLH should be done first, and I would also look at perforin and CD107 expression to get insights into possible gene defects.

Luigi D. Notarangelo
Professor of Pediatrics and Pathology, Harvard Medical School
Jeffrey Modell Chair of Pediatric Immunology Research
Division of Immunology, Children’s Hospital Boston
Karp Research Building, Room 9210
1 Blackfan Circle
Boston, MA 02115

teL: +1-(617)-919-2276