[CIS-PAGID] case

Routes, John jroutes at mcw.edu
Sat Jan 7 11:57:51 EST 2012

Thanks for the suggestions

Monocytes are not elevated---the ANC is low but not declining over the last
couple weeks==

the other unusual feature about the siblings death is that he was not really
ill (mild cold) and become unresponsive while in a car seat going to the
store (10-15 minute drive)---so the decline was quite precipitous---

we have thought about sending out for sequencing
the genes mentioned, but it may be cheaper to just perform whole exome
sequencing unless someone can sequence the ELANE and GFI1 for free

In the meantime, plan to perform BM and look for anti-PMN Abs as well as
functional PMN studies---open to suggestions!

John M. Routes, MD
Chief, Section of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Co-Director, Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeast WI
Professor of Pediatrics, Medicine, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
Department of Pediatrics
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Medical College of Wisconsin
9000 W. Wisconsin Ave.