[CIS-PAGID] Patient with Selective Antibody deficiency and autoimmune disorder

Terri Tarrant tarra002 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 06:52:53 EST 2012

Since I am a rheumatologist as well, most of my immunodeficiency cohort has
autoimmunity and has been tried on a potpourri of biologics. Our best
success stories in CVID with autoimmunity has been using Rituximab, where
appropriate, and we have had no increased infections. I prefer this over
TNFs, but insurance companies typically balk and insist on a TNF failure
first for some diseases like RA. Orencia has been the most difficult for us
since we've seen a terrible Ramsay Hunt in one of our patients with CVID.
For selective antibody deficiency on appropriate IgG replacement, I agree
with the group that anti-TNF would be fine.
Terri Tarrant, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Thurston Arthritis Research Center
Lineberger Cancer Center Member