[CIS-PAGID] Tough case

Pere Soler Palacin psoler at vhebron.net
Sat Mar 24 10:07:49 EDT 2012

Dear Markus, thanks for your comments. See answers below.

Dear Pere, dies the Boy have any other viral infections than the noro virus, does He suffer from chronic diarrhea/enteropathy, thrive normally? What about other autoantibodies? endocrinology normal and celiac d.?  No other viral infections, no chronic diarrhea and normal growth. Autoantibodies tested and negative except for antiperoxidase slightly increased (but not significant to our endocrinologists) No intestinal biopsy to study celiac disease and antibodies not tested due to hypogammaglobulinemia
platelet  Volume? WAS?  No thrombocytopenia and normal platelet volume.
iNKT cells?
phospho-stat5? other IPEX-like disorders? Normal stature. FOXP3 and CD25 normal. Other tests?
CD27? not sure, i'll ask my colleagues from the lab. alpha fetoprotein? AT? not tested
ADA? not tested

If in danger and if ferritin and sIL2R Levels inrease, I would Not hesitate Too Long with etoposide and discuss SCT. That is our idea for the next week.
yours, Markus Seidel
markus.seidel at medunigraz.at

Am 24.03.2012 um 14:03 schrieb Pere Soler Palacin < psoler at vhebron.net >:

Thanks Stephan for your comments. See answers below:

IgE: between 300 and 400 UI/L
Uric acid - PNP: uric acid normal; purine metabolism not studied yet.
Radiosensitivity (even though normal B cells)? Not tested. It's not easy to do it in our centre.
Telomers? Not done, but skin biopsy was not consistent with DC.
What does the bone marrow say? global hypocellularity without signs of myelodysplasia and some signs of hemophagocytosis. Cytogenetics were normal.
Langerhans cell histiocytosis ruled out for sure? Yes.

Best wishes, ST