[CIS-PAGID] 5 YO Male with systemic granulomatosis and hypogammaglobulinemia

Kobrynski, Lisa lkobryn at emory.edu
Thu Apr 12 21:30:38 EDT 2012

I have a very similar patient - a girl who presented with massive splenomegaly, anemia, pulmonary granulomas and agammaglobulinemia. Biopsies showed non-caseating granulomas. She had infection with atypical mycobacteria.

She also has an increase in activated T cells with an inverted CD4/CD8 ratio. We have not identified a genetic defect - but presume that this represents a CVID phenotype with sarcoid-like granulomas. The granulomas have been responsive to systemic steroids, however it would be important to be sure that there is no underlying infection with any mycobacteria species.

Lisa Kobrynski, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Section, Allergy/Immunology