[CIS-PAGID] CVID? Diagnosed Incidentally in Healthy Patient, What Do I Do?

Grimbacher, Bodo b.grimbacher at ucl.ac.uk
Sun May 6 05:54:04 EDT 2012

Dear all,

What is the medico-legal situation with a patient with < 4g/L IgG in the
US and such an infection profile?

I was told of a court-trial in Hamburg in which the Hospital lost as they
failed offering a your women IVIG treatment who went on developing
debilitating bronchiectasis.
So should we at least offer these type of patients IgG replacement?

Prof. B. Grimbacher
Director
CCI - Centre of Chronic Immunodeficiencies
Freiburg, Germany