[CIS-PAGID] CVID Risk for children

Cunningham-Rundles, Charlotte charlotte.cunningham-rundles at mssm.edu
Mon May 7 10:35:22 EDT 2012

I agree with Mary Ellen.

>From our data,

I use the figure 8% overall for immune deficiency but of those only 2% of
the group have CVID in any other member, the rest were IgA deficient.

Note the older literature that also says that the female is more likely (4x
I think) to pass this on than the male with CVID. Not something I can
address from our data, as we have more sibs with unaffected parents than any
other combination.

As for TACI, the 50% rule does not really work as the majority have non
immune deficient family members ( one parent and sometimes a sib or child)
with the same mutation.

Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles, MD, PhD
Departments of Medicine and Pediatrics
The David S Gottesman Professor