[CIS-PAGID] non conditioned BMT in a SCIDs case

Nelson, Robert P Jr ronelson at iupui.edu
Fri May 11 17:28:54 EDT 2012

Our health system, beginning with the pharmacy branch, is pondering the question of whether changing IVIG dosing guidelines from actual to ideal body weight would be low hanging fruit for reducing IVIG expenditures, without adversely affecting patient care outcomes. Of course the initial question is general and not answerable across an array of immunodeficiency/autoimmune/neurological conditions. But I thought this might be a good group to start with and ask if this strategy is being considered elsewhere or if you might have thoughts.....

You see, many Hoosiers are large and the savings would be significant.

Bob

Robert P. Nelson Jr., MD
Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics
Divisions of Hematology/Oncology