[CIS-PAGID] IVIG replacement according to body weight?

Berger, Melvin Melvin.Berger at UHhospitals.org
Sun May 13 14:01:23 EDT 2012

Interesting, but not really surprising given the fact that the mean IgG level on treatment (8.4) is less than 2 times the pretreatment (baseline) mean IgG level (4.3). I my opinion, studies like this should look at the increment above baseline, not the trough per se. An interesting point is that in every graph, patients receiving doses every 4th week are mostly below the apparent median of the x-axis parameter.

Melvin Berger, M.D., Ph.D.
Adjunct Professor of Pediatrics and Pathology
Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, OH 44106

________________________________

From: pagid-bounces at list.clinimmsoc.org on behalf of Grimbacher, Bodo
Sent: Fri 5/11/2012 6:40 PM
To: pagid at list.clinimmsoc.org
Subject: Re: [CIS-PAGID] IVIG replacement according to body weight?

Dear all,
were you aware of this paper?
see attachmentS
Yours, Bodo

Centre of Chronic Immunodeficiency
Director
79108 Freiburg, GERMANY

Am 11.05.12 23:28 schrieb "Nelson, Robert P Jr" unter <ronelson at iupui.edu>:

>Our health system, beginning with the pharmacy branch, is pondering the

>question of whether changing IVIG dosing guidelines from actual to ideal

>body weight

> would be low hanging fruit for reducing IVIG expenditures, without

>adversely affecting patient care outcomes. Of course the initial

>question is general and not answerable across an array of

>immunodeficiency/autoimmune/neurological conditions. But I thought

> this might be a good group to start with and ask if this strategy is

>being considered elsewhere or if you might have thoughtsS..

>You see, many Hoosiers are large and the savings would be significant.

>Bob

>Robert P. Nelson Jr., MD

>Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics

>Divisions of Hematology/Oncology

>535 Barnhill Dr. Ste 473

>Indianapolis, IN 46202

>Telephone: 317-948-1186

>E-mail:

>ronelson at iupui.edu

>pager: 317-312-1773

>From: pagid-bounces at list.clinimmsoc.org

Visit us at www.UHhospitals.org.

The enclosed information is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the
use of the addressee only. University Hospitals and its affiliates disclaim
any responsibility for unauthorized disclosure of this information to anyone
other than the addressee.

Federal and Ohio law protect patient medical information, including
psychiatric_disorders, (H.I.V) test results, A.I.Ds-related conditions,
alcohol, and/or drug_dependence or abuse disclosed in this email. Federal
regulation (42 CFR Part 2) and Ohio Revised Code section 5122.31 and
3701.243 prohibit disclosure of this information without the specific
written consent of the person to whom it pertains, or as otherwise permitted
by law.