[CIS-PAGID] disability for adults with immune deficiency

Riedl, Marc MRiedl at mednet.ucla.edu
Thu May 17 10:10:39 EDT 2012

Agree with Charlotte and Richard. Have encountered this rarely, but in each case due to the long-term effects of CVID-associated conditions (advanced chronic lung disease, longstanding inflammatory arthritis, etc.). There are certainly a subset of less-ill patients that consider themselves "disabled". I too avoid going down the road to disability with these individuals, though some teachers/day-care providers have done dramatically better after changing positions to reduce infectious exposures.