[CIS-PAGID] 16 yr old boy with difficult to control Autoimmune Enteropathy

Terri Tarrant tarra002 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 10:38:45 EDT 2012

Therapeutically, we have been able to get our worst CVID autoimmune
enteropathy patient off TPN on Cellcept 500 mg po bid x 1 month, then
increasing to 1000 mg po bid. It works quickly, and if you are
worried about po absorption, you can use IV to start with.
Diagnostically, what is the immunohis of the bowel biopsy show?
Usually it is T lymphocytic, so Rituxan may not work. Have you
thoroughly worked up infection since this patient has been well
controlled in the past for many years, and now is very
immunosuppressed?

Terri Tarrant, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Thurston Arthritis Research Center