[CIS-PAGID] Advice please

Mark Ballow markbal.aird at gmail.com
Sun May 27 11:27:29 EDT 2012

Rohan,

not sure this is getting thru on the list serve. Good thought by both Drs
Wasserman and Sorensen. Our paper you found in the "older" literature does
support the use of IVIG in patients such as yours. Back in the 1990's we
did not have the same "tools" we have now to evaluate the immune response.
We were treating these patients with IVIG more as an anti-inflammatory
approach rather than as replacement therapy in a PIDD patient. In many of
the patients after 9 months of therapy the IVIG was stopped and they seemed
to have continued improvement of their chronic sinusitis. I would recommend
a similar course of treatment so as not to comment this patient to
life-long IVIG therapy.

Mark Ballow
SUNY Buffalo

--