[CIS PIDD] ALPS versus CVID patient with progressing lymphoproliferative syndrome

Dr. Carsten Speckmann carsten.speckmann at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Mon Jun 11 08:11:45 EDT 2012

To me the disease sounds "too aggressive" for ALPS.
I would not overinterpret the DNT count. Biomarker prolife? (e.g.
Vitamin B12 elevated?)
Did you rule out XIAP (e.g. by flow) and CGD (by DHR) in this boy with
Crohn`s disease?
He has B lymphopenia. Besides CD8 Lymphopenia any other T cell
abnormalities / signs for CID?
low naives, impaired proliferation, g/d TCR expansion? - RAG?
Radiosensitivity? (see Rohr et al. 2010 "Chronic inflammatory bowel
disease as key manifestation of atypical ARTEMIS deficiency")
CD25 expression?
Bodo Grimbacher very recently described LRBA deficiency - a PID with
childhood onset hypogamma (and in some with severe enteropathy)
- if none of the other DD seem likely (WB screening is available).

Carsten

--
Dr. med. Carsten Speckmann
Facharzt