[CIS PIDD] a case of recurrent pneumonias and culture negtive endocarditis

Richard Wasserman drrichwasserman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 20:48:19 EDT 2012

Keeping in mind that IgG production is in reaction to infection, the
marginal IgG concentrations in the context of a lifetime of infections is
quite striking. The pneumococcal antibody titers are virtually nil. At this
time, the nature of the immunodeficiency is unclear but an antibody
production defect is certainly a major component. These data, in my view,
support my previous recommendation.
Richard Wasserman

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Mahboobeh Mahdavinia <
mahboobeh-mahdavinia at fsm.northwestern.edu> wrote:

> Thank you Dr Wasserman;

> The IgG levels were 782 and 685 , IgA was 113 and IgM 60 .

> Strep Pneumo titers:

> 0.8 ug/mL Type 1 Abs

> 0.2 ug/mLType 3 Abs

> < 0.2 ug/mLType 4 Abs

> 0.8 ug/mL Type 5 Abs

> 0.5 ug/mL Type 6B

> 0.5 ug/mL Type 7F Abs

> 0.9 ug/mL Type 8 Abs

> 0.5 ug/mLType 9N Abs

> Type 9V Abs 0.4 ug/mL L

> Type 12F < 0.2 ug/mL Abs

> Type 14 Abs 0.8 ug/mL

> Type 18C 0.6 ug/mL Abs

> Type 19F 0.2 ug/mL Abs

> Type 23F 0.2 ug/mL

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Richard Wasserman <

> drrichwasserman at gmail.com> wrote:

>> You didn't provide the actual Ig values nor the pneumococcal antibody

>> values; they would be interesting. The complement abnormalities are a

>> reflection of active infection and consumption. This lady sounds quite ill.

>> I don't think 500mg/kg/mo is adequate in this setting. I would have given

>> her 500mg/kg/dose on two consecutive days, repeat an IgG at 48-72 hours and

>> follow her levels and clinical response. Good luck.

>> Richard Wasserman

>> Dallas

>> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Mahboobeh Mahdavinia <

>> mahboobeh-mahdavinia at fsm.northwestern.edu> wrote:

>>> Dear Colleagues,

>>> We appreciate your input with suggestions for possible diagnosis, work

>>> up and treatment for the following case.

>>> Regards,

--
Richard L. Wasserman, MD, PhD
DallasAllergyImmunology