[CIS PIDD] advise on an 11mo old male

Nicholas Rider nrider at clinicforspecialchildren.org
Mon Jun 25 21:47:36 EDT 2012

Hi All,

The Amish have ADA deficiency (ADA c. 646 G>A), a hypomorphic RAG1 mutation which causes Omenn Syndrome (RAG1 c.2794A>G) and CHH (as previously mentioned; classic Finnish mutation RMRP A>G). To date we don't know about any Amish with the IL7Ra mutation; however, this is found in the Mennonite populations (IL7R c. 2T>G) as well as a Zap 70 Kinase mutation (ZAP70 IVS4-11 G>A) to my knowledge.

All Amish patients with CHH have the associated skeletal dysplasia which is evident by 10 months of age. They also have a (frustratingly so) highly variable immune phenotype that to date defies classification. That being said, any laboratory finding is possible among the Amish with CHH.

The Clinic for Special Children can assess for the above mentioned variants if you wish.

Sincerely,

Nick

Nicholas L. Rider, D.O.
Medical Art Allergy