[CIS PIDD] Making Diagnosis of LAD -leukocyte adhesion defect- 1

Oner Ozdemir oner.ozdemir.md at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 08:53:15 EDT 2012

Dear Dr. Amos;

Thanks very much for your input.

WBC count is still within normal, ranged from 29,100 (initial) to 12,000
/mm3 in a couple of days. There was no delayed separation of cord.

This patient was asphyctic at birth, then intubated and admitted NICU.

Due to sterile brain abscesses, we investigated expressions and found to be
low just on the lymphocytes. Dihydrorhodamin 123 (DHR) was normal in this
patient.

- Her twin has had anal abscess during this time. Twin's DHR was normal.
Her twin has similar low expressions of CD11a/b/c-CD18 complex as well.

- Dr Amos, You said that more than 80%, does this mean CD11a/b/c-CD18
complex expression should be more than 80% or CD18 expression in general?

Best regards;